What is search engine optimization(SEO)?
SEO is the process of affecting the online visibility of a web page or website.
Do I use excessive keywords in my content?
Am I adding irrelevant and unrelated keywords?
Am I repeating the same keywords and phrases over and over making my content sound gibberish?
This is called spamdexing, search engine spam, search engine poisoning, web spam better also known as Black Hat SEO.
BLACK HAT SEO is the deliberate manipulation of search engines’ indexes.
Note: Search engines use a variety of algorithms to determine relevancy ranking.
Using these deceptive tactics to manipulate how search engines (Google, Bing, and Yahoo!) perceives the relevance of a web page in a way inconsistent with the search engines guidelines, will get your website demoted, no ranking, and remove from the search engines’ indexes.
We at Making Money Online The Easy Way will reveal to you the 14 most common Black Hat SEO techniques used by the unethical and unscrupulous to make a quick buck!
Here is the list of the most common techniques adopted by the Black Hats:
- Adding irrelevant and unrelated keywords and phrases to get more hits on your web page.
For example, Taylor Swift uses Coca-Cola products because she loves non-alcoholic drinks.
Keep your content focused on a specific topic so your target audience find what they are searching for.
2. Repeated use of keywords and phrases is called keyword stacking.
Keyword stuffing is placing inappropriate keywords in image ALT attributes and in hidden layers.
You will see this in meta tags, visible content, and backlinks.Write your sentences so that they make sense instead of an endless repetition of the same keywords.
3. Using tiny text, hidden text and hidden links is another tactic used by the Black Hats.
For example putting illegible text at the bottom of the page, making the text the same color as the background or formatting text and images that can’t be seen as hidden links.
Write your content so it can be easily read. Make the text a different color than the background and your links obvious.
4. Don’t present the search engines with one set of content and site visitors with another.
Tricking site visitors from search engines into accessing a page of totally different content.
This is called cloaking.
The porn sites are notorious for doing this.
Give your site visitors what they search for and expect to see based on the description on the search engine result page.
It makes your website more enjoyable and engaging.
5. Registering a domain name with a trademarked word in the name so you can profit off it by association.
This is called domain squatting or cybersquatting.
Register your domain with an easy to remember the name by brainstorming and researching relevant keywords that will be relevant and related to the content of your website.
6. Getting a web page indexed and ranked and then changing the page altogether.
This is call bait and switch or page swapping.
For example, A user clicks on the results on a search engine results page (SERP) and it takes him to a page totally different from the keywords used and the description provided by the SERP.
Keep your web pages updated regularly while maintaining the overall topic intact.
This technique uses keyword phrases in a haphazard way to gain high ranking then switch automatically to a separate page.
You should create landing pages that are rich in related and relevant content.
8. Duplicate content or mirror site is when you copy the substantial amount of content with or without permission.
For example: Reprinting an authoritative content found elsewhere so you can receive its share of visitors,
Make your content unique, engaging, captivating and entertaining.
Quote in small chunks and cite your sources.
9. Link farming is when you seek links from or links to sites with unrelated or low-quality content to improve your visibility in SERPs.
A link farm is a form of spamming the indexes of the search engines.(hence the name spamdexing)
In other link exchange systems, the links that are relevant and related is called link building.
It is perfectly fine to use because it conforms to search engines’ indexing guidelines.
10. Registering a domain that is the intentionally misspelled version of a popular domain to mislead site visitors.
This is known as typosquatting or URL hijacking.
Make your own website memorable by being rich in content.
Create your own unique brand.
11. Are you posting links to comments on other blogs to increase the number of inbound links (backlinks)?
This is called blog spam or comment spam.
Post insightful and constructive comments related to the article or blog post.
You never know you may be invited to be a future guest blogger for that site then you can post your links.
12. Are you blogging using a software that generates garbled texts with keyword phrases so your site visitors can click on ads?
This is called spam blog or splogging.
This technique makes you look like a pushy salesman.
Give your visitor a pleasurable visit without all the ads.
Don’t you hate all the popups that occur when you try to read an article?
13. Are you using demographics to target people on social networks like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest with messages that have advertisements? This is called social network spam.
If you network properly you will find people with similar interests and it will make your website more engaging.
14. Are you placing affiliate cookies on visitors’ computers without their knowledge?
This an affiliate marketing technique is when a site visitor goes on a website, he or she receives a third-party cookie unrelated to the site they visited.
Say for instance the site visitor goes to the website and complete a qualifying transaction such as a purchase the “cookie stuffer” gets a commission.
This is called cookie stuffing or dropping.
===>>>To learn about the most advanced and comprehensive training program on starting, building and operating your very own internet business. CLICK HERE.
This list covers the most common techniques used by the Black Hats.
Using the black Hat SEO unscrupulous tactics can ruin your reputation, get your website banned by search engines and copyright infringement lawsuits.
Hope you found this article useful!
Feel free to rant, rave and review in comments below!